Rules and regulations
IND regulations for Uber partners
Per IND regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations.
- All ride drop offs must occur on the departures level
- The Uber placard must always be displayed in your windshield
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver App must be open at all times (please do not log off until you exit the airport)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app
Pickups at IND
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at IND, you need to enter the dedicated staging lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the dedicated staging area located in the Limo Lot, which is across the street from Cell Phone Lot
- You’ll be placed in queue for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you accept a request, please follow the signs to Ground Transportation Center and meet your rider in Zone A.
Rides to IND
How drop-off requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At IND, simply drop-off riders at their requested terminal on the departures level. It's important to keep the Uber Drive App on until you exit airport property.
Uber staging lot at IND
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at the designated staging area in the Limo Lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot (and may be issued a citation).
Enter the Limo Lot, which is across the street from the Cell Phone Lot.
Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the staging lot, you will be placed in queue for the next trip request
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation
Designated pickup area at IND
Uber users at Indianapolis International Airport who request rides will be instructed to meet you at the Ground Transportation Center on the arrivals level in Zone A. Any pickups outside of this location could result in a citation.
For more information, read more about Indianapolis International Airport.