Rules and regulations
Airport regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below: Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go offline until exiting the airport area).
- AMA has instituted a queueing system at the airport. The system only works within the designated area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app
Airport ground transportation and security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the Airport staff
Pickups at the airport
How pickup requests work
Trips from AMA Airport work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
Uber’s technology uses a queue at the airport. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area. You will then be placed in a virtual queue.
The waiting lot at AMA is located at Airport Blvd and Rosenwald Dr. The lot can be accessed by turning onto Rosenwald Dr off Airport Blvd (see map below).
Some things to know about the queue:
- Proximity to the terminal within the queue does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue
- If there are no driver-partners in the queue, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the queue - based on proximity and other factors
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the waiting lot
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, you can pick up your rider at the location they’ve indicated in the app (see map below).
Rides to AMA
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport. Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off curbside at their airline’s terminal.
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready: air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: it may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: checking the arrivals schedule at AMA can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest.
5. Making music optional: while tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!