What You’ll Do
At Uber, working with external partners is business critical and has a real impact in our markets. Policy at Uber is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are passionate about being an advocate for change. In this role, you will:
- Work closely in partnership with our business leaders—across ridesharing and Uber Eats—to support new product innovations and to grow Uber’s brand and profile with policy-makers, including governments, parliamentarians, third parties and academics.
- Represent the business externally with State and Federal politicians.
- Develop, own and execute an end to end engagement strategy for specific public policy issues.
What You’ll Need
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with passionate colleagues who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast in our world so you should be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A phenomenal advocate: Crafting new frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You should have the intellectual rigor to grasp complex policy issues as well as articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone—both orally and in writing.
- A leader with a vision: we’re changing the way cities move, so we need people who can help us think about the future.
- A strong campaigner: At Uber, we are trying to accelerate cities toward the future of urban mobility. To do that, you'll be putting together dedicated campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there's a better alternative to the status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in constructively in the debate.
- A phenomenal teammate: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get things done—and who can take care of the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
Ideally you would have 5+ years of experience in government, legal and/or policy. We are open to people who have experience in another walk of life, who intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change.
About the Team
The Public Policy team at Uber comprises of individuals from education in economics, law, political sciences, management, policy and prior work experience in academic institutions, political campaign management, litigation, transportation research organisations etc.