What You’ll Do
• Work closely with the Brazil Legal Director and the legal team on regulatory, policy, general consulting and other legal issues impacting Uber in Brazil
• Analyze, negotiate and draft regulations as applicable to Uber in the different cities in the region
• Provide strategic and proactive legal advice to internal business groups on a variety of legal matters
• Be an active partner to internal groups on rolling out Uber’s many businesses in Brazil
• Ensure legal risk is managed in accordance with Uber's business model, ethical values and regulatory framework
What You'll Need
• 5 to 8 years working in an in-house corporate legal department or recognized law firm
• Fluency in Portuguese and English
• Strong academic credentials and a degree from a top law school.
• Possess excellent business judgment, communication, drafting and interpersonal skills
• Substantive knowledge and expertise in administrative law
• Experience with legal consulting for clients on regulatory matters.
• Creativity in your understanding and application of the law.
• Capability of running multiple projects independently
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company with operations around the world
• To know how to have fun working with the law.
• To be enthusiastic about Uber
Bonus Points If...
• If you hold an LL.M Degree
• If you have a strong academic background
• If you have experience with civil law, criminal law or corporate law.
• If you maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology matters and possibilities
• If you are comfortable with a multidisciplinary approach to law and interested in expanding the scope of your practice to other areas
**Note: Please submit resumes in English**