Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about mobility. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We are making cities smarter, safer, and more connected. And we are doing it at a global scale - energizing local economies and bringing opportunities to millions of people around the world. Our positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people, who also make Uber an extraordinary place to work.
We are now expanding into new modalities across EMEA, including notably electric bikesharing, electric scooters and electric mopeds. With Western and Southern Europe being at the forefront of this race, we are looking for an experienced in-house counsel with a strong generalist background and proven track record of success to support and help lead growing our new modalities business in the region.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global legal team integral to a pre-eminent technology company engaged in cutting edge issues, and focused on solving some of the biggest challenges in the world. This position will be based in our Paris office and will report directly to the Legal Director for Western and Southern Europe.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a trusted advisor to the business, and provide critical legal and strategic input on a wide range of complex issues.
- Work closely with our Amsterdam and globally based New Modalities teams, and other regional and global commercial and legal team members on all legal and regulatory aspects of the bikesharing business as well as broader commercial issues. Areas of particular relevance include, public tenders and local licensing schemes, commercial contracts, supply chain, consumer issues, privacy, tax, competition, payments, regulation, new market entry, employment and IP. So, that’s pretty much everything!
- Working with the other members of the legal team, it’ll be up to you to make sure the new modalities teams across the Western and Southern European region have the right advice when they need it.
- Provide strategic and proactive legal advice to internal stakeholders, and manage outside counsel to achieve objectives across the Western and Southern Europe region.
- Partner closely with the business teams to ensure strategic alignment and the successful execution of important regional initiatives. Evaluate general communications, press releases, often on deadlines in response to recent events, to ensure factual accuracy and compliance with applicable laws.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of legal experience. The ideal background includes a combination of private practice and in-house experience with a large technology or consumer facing company. Familiarity with public law and tenders processes a plus.
- Highly motivated, creative, entrepreneurial, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French as well as another Western or Southern European language being an advantage
- Excellent business judgment, interpersonal skills and a crisp writing style.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in high impact and high profile situations.
- Knowledgeable about Uber.
- Personal qualities: fierce, creative and engaged + humble!
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Health care package to fit your needs
- Work in the most interesting and challenging legal department and company of modern times!
- Sharp and motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.