What You'll Do
- Support the growing Uber Health business on legal regulatory matters as the team grows its mission to remove transportation barriers to health care delivery
- Assist our legal team with research on non-emergency medical transportation requirements and Medicare and Medicaid
- Assist with tracking legislative proposals on health care transportation
- Assist with preparing and coordinating applications and filings with government regulators
- Daily opportunities to help us resolve issues central to our business
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of paralegal experience in either big firm or in-house legal department, or equivalent experience
- Experience in researching statutes and/or regulations is essential.
- Familiarity with Medicaid, Medicare, and/or other government health care programs
- Be a good communicator - You know how to communicate clearly in writing, and in speech
- Motivated - You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on, and solving problems
- A utility player - You are willing to help out wherever needed
- Obsessive about the details. The Devil's in them, after all
- Self-Motivated - You have hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don’t get easily overwhelmed
About Uber Health
The Uber Health team is taking the technology and driver-partner network that provide reliable rides to millions of people all over the world and bringing it to the people who need it most -- patients. Our team is working to ensure that access to healthcare is never a logistics problem.
Nearly 4 million Americans miss or delay medical care each year because they did not have a transportation solution. Current approaches to non-emergency medical transportation have numerous challenges. Rising costs, program integrity, and vendor oversight are problems for federal and private payers. Patients also are not well served by the status quo — wait times are routinely high and drivers frequently do not show. We have a responsibility to do something in the space.
Uber Health is Uber’s solution to the health care industry’s transportation problems. We have developed a HIPAA-compliant website and API that allow hospitals, clinics, and care facilities to centrally schedule, manage, and pay for rides at scale for their patients, staff, and visitors.
By offering affordable and reliable on-demand transportation options to patients, Uber Health benefits patients, the health care system, and society. These benefits include:
- Lowering patient no-show rates and improving patient outcomes
- Providing immediate cost savings to the health care system and increasing the overall efficiency of the system
- Increasing patient and provider satisfaction