Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We are making cities smarter, safer, and more connected. And we are doing it at a global scale - energizing local economies and bringing opportunities to millions of people around the world. Our positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people, who also make Uber an extraordinary place to work. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience has created new competition in cities around the world that have not seen significant competition or innovation in decades. Across our Rides, Eats and New Modalities businesses, we are in over 500 cities worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced legal Counsel to provide legal advice on Antitrust and Competition areas and matters for the company, in particular with regards to EU Competition law, with experience on antitrust and competition matters in the Middle East & Africa.
We're looking for a true competition lawyer with:
- Strong experience in Merger control, JV and contract, either gained from a leading practice or in-house team
- Substantive experience in applying competition law to guide the development of a business’ products and services
- Contract drafting skills
- Able to perform regulatory work and guide the business towards compliance, while being creative to foster and/or maintain Uber’s competitiveness both in highly or lowly regulated markets
- Manage litigations and pre-litigation matters involving competition aspects
- Reactive, able to think quickly on her/her feet
- Flexible in order to successfully assist several teams and several businesses
~6 years of legal experience, ideally at an international law firm coupled with in-house experience being a plus
Fluent in written and spoken English; any other language is helpful
Arabic is a strong plus