About the team
Whether it be to pay bills, acquire a little spending money, or build a nest egg for their next big vacation, drivers turn to Uber as the world’s pre-eminent flexible earnings platform of choice.
To deliver on our value proposition as a flexible earnings platform, it is critical that we have highly reliable systems to compute and communicate what has been, and could be, earned to each and every driver on the platform. Information about earnings is the foundation by which drivers are able to set and track their goals and make tradeoffs about when and where to drive.
The Earnings Reliability team is responsible for building out world class infrastructure to compute, aggregate and classify driver earnings across all lines of Uber businesses.
What is the work?
As an Uber Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of top-of-the-class software engineers.
You will work very closely with the teams in San Francisco to align on business priorities and deliverables. You will develop vision and set objectives with your team and organize the work of your engineering squad.
You will provide normal management services to your team, including career development, coaching, mentoring, performance evaluations, developing promotion cases, project prioritization and task assignment.
This is a brand new team, so you will be responsible for attracting and hiring top talent to build a really strong team from ground up. As one of the early members of the team in Amsterdam, you will have hands on involvement in the early development to set strong foundations for the team.
On a usual day, you will
- Set a high bar for the design and architecture of the backend systems for the Earnings platform
- work cross-function with product, design, data science, user research, and other engineers both in AMS and SF to influence and impact the full product lifecycle
- Interface with platform teams like marketplace, order platform, money and payments to align and lead on ongoing infra initiatives
- Collaborate with product eng teams like Loyalty, Tipping, Incentives, Cash, and Pool to integrate their feature into the earnings experience in the backend.
- Support career development for your direct reports through 1:1s, Growth Plans and unlocking new opportunities
What you'll need
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Very strong communication and ability to work well with distributed teams
- Passion, drive and a deep feeling of ownership
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged, and passionate co-workers.
- Employees receive Uber credits every month.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Stock options.
- Daily catered breakfast and lunch.
- Montly health insurance reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.