What You’ll Do
- Develop, own, and execute the Uber-developed Car Program scope, roadmap, as well as launch metrics definition and tracking
- Owns holistic product definition, scoping, and tracking of product milestones on the path to various deployments
- Work closely with the go-to-market, autonomy capability, vehicles, hardware, and Rider UX teams in order to bring together a cohesive self driving service
- Understand and balance the tradeoffs with third party offerings and long term commercialization strategy
- Responsible for the overall Car Program product and commercialization strategy and narrative
- Expert at balancing: Business potential and financial viability, policy/regulatory/legal landscape, deployment strategy, environmental realities, Uber Prime product and business direction, autonomy engineering development reality and constraints, public perception and messaging, competitive offerings, practicality, vehicle and hardware scalability, and operations
What You’ll Need
- 10 minimum years of experience with the following:
- Inspiring Leadership - Unquestioned integrity, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing at all levels in the organization, acute flexibility in a dynamic, ever changing environment Thought leadership - inside of and outside of Uber - around building high-impact, best-in-class products Strong ability to clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results to a spectrum of audiences
- Team Building - You make Uber a great place to work, and as an executive actively shape an inclusive and positive culture around empathy, authenticity, inclusivity, fairness, and trust Passion for people, and the ability to build an outstanding product team Develops and coaches, invests time in and supports the development of others
- User Insight & Communicating Vision - Intuition for what makes a great product, high attention to detail Passion for great user experiences and system design Ability to develop deep customer empathy on behalf of your team You leverage data to drive strategic decisions, you seek out the data you need, and you can distill it into an insightful story Establishes team purpose and plans for execution
- Stakeholder Management - Collaborate with Uber internal stakeholders, including the engineering, operations, testing legal, and policy teams to ensure that our technology supports Uber's business objectives Demonstrated ability to lead and execute multiple cross-functional projects Fosters collaboration within and across teams
- Technical Aptitude - Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable applications Technical skills, you have shipped many products in your career and can inform and evaluate the implications of engineering decisions Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
About the Team
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Self-driving vehicles have the potential to make our roads safer, more connected, and less congested. At Uber ATG, we are building the technologies, teams, and products to bring these benefits to the world. This is a ground-zero opportunity to usher in a fundamental paradigm shift in transportation and technology, to solve really hard problems, and to experience explosive professional growth with the smartest minds in the industry. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together!