- Develop innovative strategies to safely test autonomy and implement frameworks to measure, analyze, and track system performance
- Responsible to manage a team of at least 10 and work closely with recruiting to evaluate candidates and grow the team
- Responsible for professional growth of team members and maintaining overall team health
- Learn from world-renowned practitioners of robotics, mapping, perception, logistics, machine learning, motion planning, mobile communications, and other fields
- See your work deployed fast and often into the real world and stretch yourself as you switch from one tough problem to another
- Benefit from working at a dynamic startup inside an established, well-capitalized company
What you Need
- 10+ years experience in motion planning, robotics or related field
- 3+ years management experience building and growing teams
- Experience with system integration and testing
- Experience with software development best practices
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related discipline
About the Team
Motion planning is the brain of an autonomous driving system. It handles the reasoning for driving behaviors and is one of our core challenges for making a self driving system a reality. The Motion Planning team is responsible for generating safe, comfortable and efficient plans for vehicle motion at Uber ATG.
At Uber Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.