What You'll Do:
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products such as car rides, food delivery, and couriers
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our riders, driver-partners, couriers, and employees in cities all around the world and always champion for our users
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in a product development research setting
- Ability to travel within the United States and abroad
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years of relevant experience in a product development research setting
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that domain
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
- Familiarity with a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL
- Previous experience conducting research in APAC, EMEA, LATAM, SEA, and working on products with global impact
- Ability to fluently communicate in languages other than English
- Previous experience identifying, onboarding, and managing external research, translation, transcription, and tools vendors
About the Teams
We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
Rider - The Rider team is responsible for accelerating demand growth across 400+ cities worldwide.
Driver - The Driver team is focused on accelerating driver growth, engagement, and retention across 300+ cities worldwide.
Marketplace - The Marketplace team is responsible for the pricing and matching decisions for riders, drivers and entities across Uber, supporting the growth of our business alongside our users.
Maps - The Maps team builds high quality and compelling Maps Data and Maps Services like Search, Display, Routing and Navigation.
Product Platform - The Product & Platform team acts as internal consultants who partner with data science, product, and marketing teams to tackle some of Uber’s toughest challenges.
Safety, Privacy, Accessibility - This dedicated research team conducts both qualitative and quantitative research to discover the user needs and insights that lead to designs and products that make riders, drivers, eaters, and cities even safer and feel safer, and make our products more inclusive and friendly to all types of users. For example, our Driving Safety products automatically detect dangerous driving situations and help reinforce safe driving habits. Our Personal Safety products help drivers and riders feel more supported while on the road.
Financial Products - This team’s work has massive internal and external exposure across financial products.
Uber for Business - This team is responsible for creating the platform that lets large groups of people use Uber services together.
Learn more about the Design Team and the work being done here https://www.uber.design