What You’ll Do
- Architect, design, and oversee execution of highly scalable and reliable back end systems for Self Driving Vehicle Quality Control and Performance reporting applications
- Set the technical vision for the team
- Be hands on and don't be afraid to jump in and get your hands dirty when needed
- Grow the testing framework and developer experience of the engineers of the team
- Work with UI experts to create a rich user experience for our clients
- Work with our clients to invent the next generation of applications that will drive decision making
- Learn from world-renowned practitioners in robotics, mapping, perception, logistics, machine learning, motion planning, mobile communications, and other fields.
- See your work and that of your team deployed fast and often into the enterprise, to receive rapid use and feedback for future iteration.
- Recruit and attract new talent into your group, to enhance and accelerate existing and future programs.
- Benefit from working at a dynamic high growth environment inside an established, well-capitalized company.
What You’ll Need
- At least 3 years of experience with Full Stack Applications
- At least 2 years of experience as an engineering manager responsible for people and their performance
About the Team
The Data Applications team works in synergy with the Data Foundations and ATG Infrastructure teams to bring high quality data to its clients under strict SLAs. Our challenge is the diversity of data in the Self Driving ecosystem, consisting of Self Driving Vehicle log data (Software & Hardware), Map, Quality Control, Performance, Safety, and, other sources of data across the organization. The team uses the latest technology in storing and serving data, by using a Service Oriented Architecture, combined with state of the art Data Models, provided by the Data Engineering and Data Analytics teams.
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.