About the Role
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
We are looking for engineers that are driven to help other engineers. In this role, you will apply the concepts and discipline of robust distributed systems to resolve complex engineering challenges while enhancing developer velocity and maintaining operational excellence.
You will be a starting member of a highly impactful charter building developer tools that ensure the production and reliability of our mobile applications and backend services.
About The Team
As a Sr. Software Software Engineer for the Developer Platform team, you will be building Mobile SDK’s, tools and platforms that provide effective solutions for all engineering organization.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop high-scale and efficient mobile SDKs and backend services that can support a large amount of traffic throughput;
- Collaborate with teams on deep integration of multiple systems at Uber;
- Design, implement and lead sustainable end-to-end solutions across teams to improve developer velocity;
- Deliver high-quality code and production ready solution
What You'll Need
- Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Experience developing mobile SDKs embedded in client applications for Android and iOS.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, as well as performance and scalability.
- 100% hands-on - willing to get to the bottom of things and to pursue the best solution always.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.