As User Experience Researcher for ATG you'll be a part of a team of UX researchers supporting research initiatives that support the creation of human-centered platforms and tooling that are responsible for bringing our autonomous technologies to market. You will inform and assess the performance of platform products designed will help our autonomy development, and management of self driving fleet. You'll be collaborating with cross functional partners to help research, brainstorm, and deliver the product experience for some of our most critical simulation products. Uber's work in Advanced Technologies has many exciting challenges ahead, and we're excited to welcome you as team member as we build the future of transportation. This is a full-time position in our SF and PIT office.
What You'll Need
- 6 Minimum years of relevant user research experience in complex product environment.
- Demonstrable ability to independently plan and conduct mid-to-large scale research projects, in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles (we work in teams).
- Understanding of the strengths and weakness of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Strong working knowledge of statistics and principles of survey and experiment design, including sampling, data collection and analysis.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Ability to design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- Ability to identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Ability to collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
- Ability to synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Ability to adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our riders and employees and always champion for our users
- Ability to travel 25% of time
About the Team
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.