What You’ll Do
Conformance with ATG EHS Programs
- Support implementation and sustainment of all current and future ATG EHS programs by administering program development plan, administering annual review calendar, and compiling results of conformance evaluations.
- Administer the document control process for all EHS programs by issuing controlled document numbers & revisions for finalized procedures, updating master document lists, and publishing finalized procedures in existing electronic system.
- Support Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) by developing equipment & job inventories, entering results of JSAs, and tracking action items and opportunities for improvement.
- Support Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) program by procuring proper PPE for team members.
- Support EHS Management of Change (MOC) process by compiling results, and tracking action items and opportunities for improvement.
- Support Hazard Communication Program by maintaining SDS inventory.
- Support Control of Hazardous Energy Program by posting equipment-specific lockout / tagout procedures, and procuring necessary lockout / tagout equipment.
- Support Fall Protection Program by procuring and providing necessary fall protection equipment.
- Serve on the ATG EHS program review team, providing input and feedback on program development and review.
- Administers ATG EHS team budget, compiling all expenses and reporting on spend versus forecast.
- Enter details on all EHS incidents into existing online EHS data management system.
- Enter results of incident fact finding into existing online EHS data management system.
- Compile weekly safety performance summary, for distribution to Site Safety Leads and top leadership.
- Analyze incident data to identify trends, and share with ATG EHS team.
- Update various periodic reports and meeting materials with most recent incident data, in chart and / or tabular format.
- Support local evacuation and first aid response team (ATG Heroes), by tracking and managing engagement programs.
Compliance with EHS Regulations
- Maintain general knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local EHS requirements in the areas of air, water, waste, DOT Hazmat Shipping, and occupational health and safety.
- Provide on-demand tactical regulatory support to Site Safety Leads and other key stakeholders, elevating to EHS Specialist as needed.
- Support waste management program by continuously entering details of generated waste streams into existing online EHS data management system.
- Manage Industrial Hygiene sampling data for noise dosimetry, vibration analysis, air sampling, and light measurements.
- Complete annual electronic Submission of Injury and Illness Records to OSHA through OSHA’s online Injury Tracking Application.
- Lead by example to demonstrate safety as a value that we demand of ourselves and others, and is integrated into everything we do.
- Meet semi-weekly with Site Safety Leads to understand tactical EHS needs and requirements. Elevate any barriers to safety excellence to ATG EHS team.
- Serve as the Site Safety Lead’s secondary resource for the ATG EHS Safety Management System (backup to the EHS Specialist).
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Liberal Arts, or a related discipline
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training
- Minimum: 3 years of experience with EHS in an industrial or technology setting, as a dedicated position or as part of a shared role
- Preferred: 5 years of experience with EHS in an industrial or technology setting, as a dedicated position or as part of a shared role
Bonus Points If
- Highly motivated, persistent, and dedicated.
- Maintain relentless focus on meeting needs of internal customers.
- Perform and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Excellent ability to reason, make decisions and exercise independent judgment in various situations.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to evaluate process, identify and implement opportunities for increased efficiency
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Global Product Operations group enables Uber’s world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.