We are looking for a seasoned Design Program Manager to lead our Uber Eats design team.
The Uber Eats design team works across all three sides of the Eats marketplace (restaurants, couriers, and eaters) to realize our mission of making eating well effortless, everyday, for everyone. We combine thoughtful design with cutting edge machine learning to help people find food they’ll love. We embrace the challenge of solving complex logistical problems to create simple, beautiful delivery experiences. We work hand in glove with our restaurant partners, helping them achieve operational and culinary excellence. We reach eaters around the globe, expanding their idea of what food delivery can be, and we’re just getting started.
The Design Program Manager is a creative problem solver and team leader by nature, and is an expert at creating efficiencies in the design process, improving team communication, and enabling teams to stay focused on delivering amazing experiences.
The role is full time, based in San Francisco, and reports to our Director of Product Design for Eats.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with Product Design Leadership team in establishing the goals, roadmap, and operational model for how the Product Design, UX Research and Content Strategy teams will engage with other cross-functional team members.
- Create and maintain single source of truth documentation that communicates the whys and hows of the Uber Eats Design team—both the high level executive summary and executional details.
- Serve as the go-to liaison for the Uber Eats Design team to other product areas.
- Provide strategic input on how to detect collisions, remove roadblocks, avoid issues, and mitigate risks.
- Own the creation and management of project plans, and implement an effective system of project status tracking.
- Organize the day to day work of designers that are creating and updating platform resources. Balance competing priorities and adjust resources as necessary. As needed, onboard and manage contractors or vendors in executing work.
- Facilitate regular project status and design review meetings. Ensure right stakeholders and design team members are involved, document decisions and actions items, and follow up with owners on commitments.
- Continually seek feedback on how Uber Eats Design team can work more effectively/support the broader Design team. Continuously experiment, test and measure improvements to workflow.
- Evangelize Uber Eats Design team successes and lessons learned. Capture and validate feedback.
- Onboard new hires in how to work with the Platform Design team.
- Define and refine program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices.
- Support a thriving design culture that encourages creativity, happiness and learning.