About Uber Advanced Technology Group
The Uber Advanced Technology Group; a high-performance culture marked by rapid-growth and high-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Uber Advanced Technologies Group is developing next generation mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy technologies. As part of this effort, we're building a small group of uniquely talented and thoughtful designers to define the next generation platform and tooling that supports a variety of ambitious initiatives.
As Product Designer for ATG you'll be a part of a team of designers crafting platforms and tooling that are responsible for bringing our autonomous technologies to market. The internal products you design will help our autonomy development, and management of self driving fleet. You'll be collaborating with cross functional partners to help research, brainstorm, and deliver the product experience for some of our most critical simulation products. You should feel comfortable performing a full range of product design skills including, interaction & service design, visual design, and prototyping. Uber's work in Advanced Technologies has many exciting challenges ahead, and we're excited to welcome you as team member as we build the future of transportation. This is a full-time position in our SF or PITT office.
- 3-5 years professional product design experience
- Past experience working on complex interactive systems or products.
- Portfolio of relevant product work
- Ability to generate detailed, interactive prototypes
- Create elegant visual design with thoughtful composition
- Communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Comfort conducting stakeholder interviews, integrating findings into final designs
- Proven ability to set up metrics for challenging and novel problems
- Proven ability to work with engineering teams to build assets, refine user experience, and produce high quality products
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) applications and software within a team environment.
- Ability to travel 25% of time
About the Team
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.