As an Infrastructure Engineer at Uber, you’ll be building solutions which will help builders at Uber create products for solving business needs. Your work will impact lives of engineers at Uber, riders, eaters, driver-partners, and operations teams across the globe. Our teams span from building data-centers, networking, scalable service, developer experience, and data platforms.
This role involves developing solutions for the full life cycle of containers and clusters at Uber. You will be involved in developing technology and tools for building, deploying, distributing, running, managing, securing, upgrading, and monitoring of containers and clusters at Uber data centers and cloud. You will use and work on tools which are at the cutting edge of technology and has to support the scale and real-time demands of Uber business.
What You’ll Need
- At least 5 years experience as a software engineer
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Experience in linux operating system, linux container technologies and container orchestration systems such as docker, mesos, kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with building scalable production services with strict SLAs.
- Strong adherence to metrics driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development.
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Experience developing and running large scale distributed systems, service oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
Bonus Points If
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
About the Team
Our teams span from building data-centers, networking, scalable service, developer experience, and data platforms.