What You’ll Do
- Write interface copy in our apps, which not only propel digital experiences, but also physical ones.
- Enable new means of interacting with our products in a spoken, conversational way.
- Create compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally.
- Use metrics and research to inform and validate your work.
- Collaborate with visual designers, engineers, product managers, product marketers, and many others to bring your creations to life.
- Partner with legal, localization, and support to ensure your creations are appropriately and responsibly launched.
- Work closely with our research team to get outside the office and better understand the needs of our eaters, couriers, and restaurant partners.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- A willingness to pitch ideas to cross-functional stakeholders and an understanding of when it makes sense to push back.
- Ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects. You'll have plenty to do—know where your efforts will have the most impact.
- This should go without saying, but you should be able to express your ideas clearly in writing. Hopefully, in very concise writing.
- An appetite for problem solving in a landscape that changes quickly. If you like to identify gaps in processes, inefficiencies that could be smoothed over, or things that simply could work better, you'll fit right in.
Bonus Points If You Have...
- A degree in English, Psychology, Design, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, HCI or any area that emphasizes storytelling and systematic thinking.
- Background in user experience or product design. Copywriting or content strategy experience in other environments is also useful, as long as you can articulate how your approach would or wouldn’t adapt to the world of apps.
- Experience writing spoken dialog or designing conversational or multichannel interactions.
- A love of restaurants and great food.
About UX Writing/Content Strategy
The UX Writing/Content Strategy team is a group of language specialists within Product Design. We think about holistic experiences and work in lockstep with visual designers to make sure the work we produce is cohesive and coherent. We own all the language that goes into each Uber app (Rider, Driver, Eats, etc.), solving edge cases and streamlining actions for the features and futures of our products.
About Uber Eats Design
The Uber Eats design team works across all three sides of the Eats marketplace (restaurants, couriers, and eaters) to make eating well effortless, every day, for everyone. We combine thoughtful design with cutting edge machine learning to help people find food they’ll love. We embrace the challenge of solving complex logistical problems to create simple, beautiful delivery experiences. We work hand in glove with our restaurant partners, helping them achieve operational and culinary excellence. We reach eaters around the globe, expanding their idea of what food delivery can be. And we’re just getting started.