What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain & document innovative solutions for challenging problems with robust, scalable, reusable, efficient, production-quality software
- Collaborate and communicate closely with researchers to identify, propose and build infrastructure, large-scale data pipelines, data storage strategy, common libraries and useful tools needed to manipulate data so as to create inputs for deep learning algorithms
- Research and incorporate emerging software infrastructures, tools, and technologies, especially pertaining to data processing
- Usher and evangelize adoption of engineering best-practices and methodology
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years experience building production level software systems, preferably with Python and C++
- Experience in architecting and building large-scale batch processing pipelines using Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, etc.
- Comfortable developing in a Linux environment
- Demonstrable track-record of learning and deep-diving as needed into complex existing and new technologies
- Intense sense of ownership, initiative-taking, and a can-do attitude
- Great attention to detail and a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Team-player with a strong collaboration and communication skills, who is able to motivate and mobilize cross-functional teams, and respond positively to feedback
Bonus Points If
- Experience with 2D & 3D data, manipulating and transforming geometric data, computer graphics style image and data projections, graph-based algorithms
- Knowledge of applied machine learning, and GPU processing in compute clusters
- Familiarity with considerations related to sensor data (RGB, LiDAR) such as calibration, data capturing, noise sources, transformations, etc.
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams are building self-driving systems that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively. To achieve this goal, we are creating the most advanced technologies that we can dream up.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Working alongside world-renowned researchers who are developing computer vision deep-learning algorithms for various self-driving tasks, our team delivers these algorithms to the real world and bring them into production. We are provided the rare opportunity to create a ground-breaking product changing the future of transportation globally, using the most advanced and exciting technologies, tools, and techniques.