We have the following roles open:
Financial Optimization Data Scientist
This individual will focus their time on building optimization frameworks to help Uber invest intelligently with respect to our financial goals. This person will also work with stakeholders from Finance, Marketing, and other data science teams around Uber to ensure our optimization problem definitions and the models that power our decision-making framework truly represent Uber’s top priorities as a business.
Machine Learning Data Scientist
This individual will focus on building/researching new ML/Deep Learning models to predict different user level metrics. The individual will be responsible for researching new models, evangelizing the model with stakeholders and business partners and productionizing it with the help of engineers.
Forecasting/Econometrics Data Scientist
This individual will focus on building forecasting models for various metrics to support the financial planning process. This involves working closely with stakeholders from Finance and other data science team around Uber to ensure the forecasts cover the business requests and bear interpretability on business insights. This person will also spend time on productionizing the models with the engineering team to make sure the results accessible to larger audience.
Requirements/What you'll need:
- PhD in Applied Maths, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Computational Finance or Economics. MS graduates with 3 years experience can also apply.
- Strong coding experience in one (or more) scientific programming languages like Python/R. Bonus if you have experience with scientific libraries like Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, scipy or other equivalent libraries.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming paradigm is a plus.
- Strong background in stochastic modeling, regression, time series analysis and other techniques (PCA, etc.).
- Experience developing scalable mathematical models and solving complex quantitative problems.
- Be able to translate models and findings into stories for key stakeholders across a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience with databases and data pulling tools (SQL, Vertica, Hive).
- Experience with VCS e.g. Git, Subversion, Mercurial (feel free to share your github, stackoverflow, statexchange pages!).
- Willingness to adapt in fast-paced work environment; is a strong team player
What you can expect:
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment