- Think for long term and large scale
- Ability to define and understand scenario designs
- Ability to translate scenario specifications into scenario builds
- Think outside the box and stress every possible way the AV stack can break
- Build out and maintain offline testing scenario repository
- Fast and high quality scenario and test metrics creation
- Test internal tools and give constant feedback on tool requirements
Impact during first 6 months:
- Internalize offline testing principles and simulation technology as they relate to autonomous vehicles
- Expand ATGs scenario repository with high quality scenarios
- Significant advancement of tools and processes
- Managing and resolve assigned tasks independently and with limited supervision
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our teams of Test Specialists on Triage and Scenario Operations work directly with various autonomy teams to document driving events and then turn those events into actionable test simulations to verify improvements and track regressions of our software.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.