What You’ll Do
- Review events encountered by our vehicles on the road every day
- Participate in software discussions and stay on top of all new features
- Assist Autonomy Test Engineers track and update bug tickets
- Synthesize feedback from our Vehicle Operators about the performance of the autonomy system
- Compare on road performance to simulations generated using up-to-date software
- Generate reports summarizing and communicating software performance
What You'll Need
- BS Degree in technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with Unix systems and a familiarity working on the command line
- Basic knowledge of physics as it applies to vehicle analysis (braking distance, acceleration profiles, etc)
- Previous software quality testing experience a plus
- Basic data analysis skills with Excel, python, R, or other general data science tools a plus
- Comfortable working on a task that’s repetitive in nature, while still ever-changing
- Strong attention to detail
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our teams of Test Specialists on Triage and Scenario Operations work directly with various autonomy teams to document driving events and then turn those events into actionable test simulations to verify improvements and track regressions of our software.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.