What You’ll Do
- Review events encountered by the vehicle daily
- Identify failure modes and assign severity levels to real-world and simulated vehicle events
- Function as local expert to Triage team(s) within 1+ areas of the autonomy stack
- Plan and execute continuing education for Test Analyst group on current and future feature sets within area of expertise including quality review of Analyst assessments of vehicular events
- Manage bugs through their entire lifecycle: filing, maintaining, closing
- Remove ambiguity of what needs to be tested and how to interpret result data
- Participate in software discussions and stay on top of all new features
- Compare on road performance to simulations generated using up-to-date software
- Generate reports summarizing and communicating software performance
What You’ll Need
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Software Engineering, Operations Research and Engineering, Robotics or related STEM field
- Experience using software testing infrastructure and frameworks
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems and a familiarity working on the command line
- Basic knowledge of vehicle motion models (braking distance, acceleration profiles, etc)
- Able to work in an exciting environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Clear and succinct communication skills and ability to bridge the gap between product and technical groups
- Empathy and passion for building relationships with other teams while effectively providing feedback
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our team of Autonomy Test Engineers on Triage and Scenario Operations works directly with various autonomy teams to ensure the quality and performance of our software, and also with the rest of the Simulation teams to ensure we can appropriately reproduce the real world in simulation.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.