We are growing and looking for an experienced distributed systems engineer to come in at the seed stages of creating our new services.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Familiar with highly scalable services or *mission critical systems” in Golang, Python, Java, C#, C/C++, Ruby, etc.
- Familiar with *big data infrastructure*, data engineering, Hive, and Spark a plus
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure a plus
- Familiar with networking *SDN architectures*, gRPC, HTTPS/SSL, HAProxy,ELK, Grafana, Cassandra, Docker a plus
- Experience with background checks (Checkr, Sterling, …), credit checks (TransUnion, Equifax, Experian, …), finance systems, or government systems are a plus.
- Full stack and UX experience a plus.
About the Team:
The Screenings team is located in the Pacific Northwest in laid back Seattle downtown. We are strong veterans in *distributed system, scalable services, and platform architectures*. We are passionate about our product and working to achieve excellence in our field. We are flat, agile and focused on tech innovation as a means to solving otherwise intractable problems. We emphasize ownership, responsibility, and helping each other. We are a centerpiece for collaboration with product managers, driver experience teams, operations, legal, and safety.
Current and Upcoming Deliverables:
- Create infrastructure to monitor and analyze thousands of partners a day as they onboard, off board, go online, or be dispatched requests.
- Handle time notification from law enforcement agencies on millions of partner offenses and convictions.
- Auto-scan millions of partners and filter for specific action (like annually re-running millions of background checks).
- Enabling the Uber business to be able to legally operate and grow into hundreds of local municipalities internationally.
- Innovating on our big data pipeline and collaborating with your data scientists to analyze and model strategic opportunities and risk.
- Creating a suite of tools for operator workflows we have with our external providers and governments.
We're in Tech but here is a bit about our partners in [Safety](https://www.uber.com/safety/)
About [background checks](https://help.uber.com/h/6970e704-95ac-4ed3-9355-e779a86db366)