Uber Engineering is bold, hands-on, and inspired by excellence.We're looking for engineers (2+ years experience) and senior engineers (6+ years experience)with product intuition who can work hard, fast, and smart without sacrificing technical excellence. Our challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10million people alike.
The Data Visualization Team at Uber works with the most advanced data analysis and visualization technologies to deliver intelligence via data products for city teams, data science, engineering, product management and execs across the 400+ cities where Uber operates.
About the Role
What you'll do
- Developing frameworks for UI engineering
What you'll need
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You've shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You're willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- You need experience collaborating on software projects and the ability to work efficiently as part of a team.
Bonus points if you have
- A github account with some interestingprojects in it
- A codepen (or even shadertoy!) account with exciting demos
- A nice portfolio and/or blog of things you're dabbling with
- Experience visualizing data using either Canvas, D3, SVG, WebGL, Three.js, MapboxGL and/or other technologies.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.