Aéroport international d'Abbotsford (YXX)
Riders at YXX can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Fonctionnement des demandes de prise en charge
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
To receive trip requests at the Terminal Buildings at Abbotsford International Airport (YXX), the Uber app will need to locate your vehicle in the airport waiting area, accessible via Liberator Avenue. Drivers waiting elsewhere will not be eligible to receive trip requests to these buildings through the Uber driver app.
You can find directions to the lot by clicking on the “YXX Airport Waiting Lot” symbol on the Uber app map. The lot is located off of Mt Lehman Road, just across from Threshold Drive.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the dedicated staging area noted by the "YXX Airport Waiting Lot" symbol on the Uber app map. The lot is located off of Mt Lehman Road, just across from Threshold Drive.
- The app will record your place in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, you can accept it and pickup your rider at the designated pickup zone at YXX. You can follow directions in the app to the pickup zone. It is located at the beginning of the outer curb, before the bus stop.
- Failure to comply with the airport's rules and regulations could result in potential citations or loss of airport access.
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location.
Fonctionnement des demandes de livraison
At YXX, the drop-off location for riders is anywhere on the Departures curb.
Uber waiting lot at YXX
Drivers may wait for ride requests at the designated airport waiting lot only. You may be issued a citation if you wait for trip requests in non-designated areas.
You can find directions to the waiting area by looking for the "YXX Airport Waiting Lot" symbol in the Uber app map. The lot is located off of Mt Lehman Rd, just past Threshold Drive. Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the waiting area, the Uber app will locate and place your car in a virtual queue for the next trip request
- If you leave the waiting area or turn off the app, you will lose your place in line and the Uber app will record you as the last car in line, should you return to the lot
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited by YXX and may result in a citation from the airport
Designated pickup area at YXX
Uber users at YXX who request rides will be guided by the app to meet you at the designated pickup area. The pickup zone is located at the beginning of the outer curb, just before the bus stop.
YXX requires drivers to pick up their riders in the designated area zones only.
This airport charges a $3.15 fee for all TNC pickups and drop-offs. This fee is in addition to the $1.55 booking fee and is charged directly to the rider. Uber coordinates repayment of this fee directly to the airport.
To learn more about these fees and regulations, please reference Port Ordinance 4255 as adopted by the Board of Port Commissioners.
Commercial drivers using UberBLACK and UberSUV maintain their own airport permits. Because of this, there is no surcharge added to these premium trips.