Instructions for drivers
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Minimum vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive or deliver with Uber in Windsor. There are many options available, check to see which ones your vehicle qualifies for.
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's license: 21+ years old, Ontario G Driver’s Licence or equivalent (G1 or G2 is not allowed). If you're uploading an interim licence, please include a government-issued photo ID (e.g. previous driving license, passport etc.) in the same photo to verify your identity. Make sure to avoid using flash so that your information is clear and readable.
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, residency card, work permit, Social Insurance Number card or paper, study permit must declare the ability to work off-campus, Certificate of Indian Status, Canadian Forces Identification Card, Nexus card. Make sure to avoid using flash so that your information is clear and readable.
- Vehicle registration: Both sides (left and right) of the registration document are required. The car must also be in good condition with no cosmetic damage, have 4 doors, no commercial branding, and cannot be rebuilt or salvaged. You are not required to own the vehicle. When taking the picture, ensure that it is not blurry and that all four corners are visible.
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and must be legible. When taking the picture, ensure that it is not blurry and that all four corners are visible.
4. Safety screenings
To drive with Uber in Windsor, you must pass a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC). You can complete your VSC online or in-person.
5. Vehicle inspection
If your vehicle is 5 years or newer, it must be inspected once a year. If your vehicle is older than 5 years, it must be inspected every 6 months. Be sure to upload your new Safety Standards Certificate (SSC) after completing the inspection.
6. Download the app
Once you’ve passed the steps above, all that's left for you to do is download the app and go.
Why you'll love driving
1. Set your own schedule
You can drive with Uber anytime, day or night, 365 days a year. When you drive is always up to you, so it never gets in the way of the important things in your life.
2. Make more at every turn
Trip fares start with a base amount, then increase with time and distance. And when there are more people needing rides than normal, drivers make more.
3. Meet new people and learn about your city
You'll meet people from all walks of life. From long-time residents to first-time tourists, families, small business owners and more.
You'll also become an expert on the city of Windsor and discover new places to show your friends and family.