Regina International Airport (YQR)
Riders at YQR can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Uber at YQR
Riders at YQR can request Uber when leaving the airport. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
Trade dress: The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front windshield on the passenger side and rear windshield on the driver side facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal by mail by using this form.
All pickups and dropoffs at YQR will now have a $2.00 surcharge automatically added to the rider's fare. This surcharge will be remitted to the airport by Uber. Your agreement has been updated to reflect this change and it will not impact your earnings.
Rules and regulations
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms in the latest addendum. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
Pickups at YQR
Waiting for requests
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. You‘ll only get trip requests at the airport when you’re located in the waiting lot (Cell phone lot). Once you enter the lot, you’ll be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
Once you receive a request:
- From cell phone lot, proceed westbound towards the terminal on Regina Ave to the short term/commercial lane in front of the terminal building.
- To access this area, driver will need to pull a ticket and enter through the gate.
- You must exit the lot within 20 minutes to avoid having to pay parking fees.
Note: If a rider is taking longer than 20 minutes, you must exit the lot and re-enter.
Based on feedback from YQR, please be mindful of:
- Waiting in the areas in and around airport grounds and avoid loitering at the terminal curb.
- Respecting the waiting areas of taxi or shuttle operators.
- Meeting your rider in designated rideshare pickup zone
How dropoff requests work
When you’re dropping off a rider at the airport, follow the rideshare app signage to the Departures/Arrivals area.
Drop your rider off on the inner terminal curb after the 2nd door.
- Getting your car ready: Air travellers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
- Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
- Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd
Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!
Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Saskatoon International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See Regina International Airport's arrivals schedule.
For more information on YQR, visit the official website.