As more people use Uber, feedback from riders and drivers has become an important source of inspiration for new app features. After all, no one knows better how to improve the Uber experience than the people who use it day in, day out.
One feature passengers have frequently requested is an easy way to pay for family and friends. That’s why we are excited to announce Family Profiles, a new feature we’re launching that lets up to 10 riders safely and easily share one payment method.
How it works
For the Family Profile organizer:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app.
- Go to Menu and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to “Add a Family Profile” and select the contacts you would like to add.
- As soon as the Family Profile rider accepts the invitation, they can begin requesting rides from their own phone using the Family Profile as their payment method.
- The cost of the trip will automatically be billed to the Family Profile and the organizer will receive a receipt for every ride.
For the Family Profile rider:
- Open the email invitation to Family Profiles and accept.
- The first time you ride, make sure you’re using the latest version of the app and choose the Family Profile as your default payment method.
- Once selected, request a ride as you normally would and get moving!
At Uber, we are constantly looking for new ways to use technology to improve safety for riders and drivers. Trip Tracker uses sophisticated technology to bring you peace of mind while your nearest and dearest ride on Uber. So, the next time one of your family members is headed out – you’ll know when they are on their way, which route they are taking and when they’ve arrived.
Family Profiles are now available to riders around the world. No matter which city your loved ones are riding in – Trip Tracker helps you stay in the know, when your group is on the go.
While we’ve called this feature Family Profiles, we let you decide who is family. It’s a great way to help loved ones, friends or coworkers get where they want to go while you foot the bill. Whether you’re a parent with kids away at college or a daughter wanting to help your parents maintain their independence, it’s never been easier to share some Uber love around to the people that matter most in your life.
The Family Profiles features is now available to all riders in the United States.