Phoenix is expected to be busier than normal over the next week with the biggest events of the year taking place, so here are some ways to help ensure a 5-Star experience, including details on how to get picked up at The Super Bowl and other top destinations across town.
Gameday at State Farm Stadium
Know before you go
- Wait times: It is anticipated that thousands of fans will be looking for rides from the stadium during the Super Bowl, so you should expect higher than normal wait times after the game. Departing before the final whistle may help you to beat the surge of fans looking for riders when the game ends.
- Increased fares: There will be an additional $20 event surcharge for pickups and a $10 event surcharge for dropoffs in the vicinity of State Farm Stadium on the day of the Super Bowl. These surcharges are included in the upfront price you see before you request and help to ensure a more reliable experience.
- Multiple ways to ride: Whether you’re looking for shorter wait times or more legroom, consider all ride options when leaving the stadium. Additionally, you can get more information about all Super Bowl transportation offerings by visiting the NFL’s transportation page, and if you choose another modality to leave the stadium, you can always request a ride through Uber from another location to get to your final destination.
- Reminder: The NFL Clear Bag policy will be in place. Visit nfl.com/allclear for more details.
Pickups and Dropoffs at The Super Bowl
- The dedicated rideshare zone is in the State Farm Stadium BLACK Lot
- Dropoff Directions:
- Destination: When you’re ready to head to the game, a ride is just a few taps away. Simply enter “State Farm Stadium” as your destination and your driver will take you to the designated rideshare zone.
- Traffic Safety: As a reminder, for your safety and to avoid traffic citations from local law enforcement, it’s advised to wait until the driver reaches the designated dropoff point before exiting the vehicle.
- Double-check your belongings: Before exiting the vehicle, make sure you haven’t left anything behind. If you realize later you may have done so, you can contact your driver. Find out how.
- Pickup Directions:
- Whether you’re staying for the final whistle or headed to the exits after the halftime show, look to leave the stadium via gates 1 or 3, then open the Uber app to request a ride from the BLACK Lot rideshare zone. In-app directions and signs around the property can help guide you.
- Pickup Tips:
- Waiting Area: After requesting a ride, it’s recommended to wait for your driver to arrive in a less-crowded area of the lounge.
- Lane Identification: Once your driver has arrived, be sure to contact them to confirm their lane number in the lot before proceeding to the loading area–just send a message in the Uber app.
- Check your ride, every time: It’s always recommended to confirm these key details that uniquely identify your ride before you board: the vehicle make and model, the driver’s name and photo, and the license plate. If the information doesn’t match up, do not get into the car. Go to a safe place and wait for the right car to arrive, or cancel the ride and report it to us. In an emergency or if you feel threatened, contact law enforcement immediately by dialing 911.
- Dropoff Directions:
- PIN Verification: As an optional extra layer of protection, Uber’s PIN verification feature can help to ensure you’re getting into the right vehicle with the right driver. When opted in, you’ll receive a unique 4-digit PIN whenever you request a ride. Before entering your driver’s vehicle, tell them your PIN; if they are the driver the app matched you with, they’ll be able to start the trip after they enter your PIN into their app.
- Share Your Trip: As a rider, you can share your location and trip status with friends and family, all right from the app.
- Emergency Button: This feature allows riders in distress while on a trip to share their vehicle and GPS information with 911 at the touch of a button.
Details on Downtown Phoenix Events:
- The Super Bowl Experience at The Phoenix Convention Center
- Look for a pickup & dropoff zone in the East Garage at Washington St & 5th St, as well as on 1st St between Monroe St and Van Buren St
- The Super Bowl Opening Night Party and Music Fest at The Footprint Center
- Look for a pickup & dropoff zone in the East Garage at Washington St & 5th St
- The Super Bowl Experience at Hance Park and the Super Bowl Viewing Party at Hance Park
- Look for pickup & dropoff zones on Culver St and south of Roosevelt St
Please Note: There is a $3 surcharge for pickups in Downtown from 1pm to 1am daily, Thursday, February 9 – Saturday, February 11. This surcharge is included in the upfront price you see before you request. 100% of this money goes to your driver.
More Ways to Get Around Downtown: Did you know you can request Lime e-bikes and e-scooters in the Uber App? With designated pickup spots conveniently located near top event sites, you’ll have another great way to move through Downtown Phoenix.
REMINDER: Getting to the airport after the weekend
- Please allow extra time when requesting a ride to the airport after the weekend, in particular, Monday, February 13, due to expected increases in traffic and longer lines at TSA screening
- It’s recommended to request your ride to the airport at least four hours prior to your flight’s departure time