Drivers with Uber in New York City have access to a host of benefits and annual rate reviews.
Driver Rates in NYC are Tied to the Rate of Inflation and Reviewed Annually
The For-Hire Vehicle (FHV) industry is the only industry in New York State with a mandated annual earnings rate review tied to inflation. Every year, the Taxi and Limousine Commission reviews inflation from the year before and determines what drivers get paid. FHV drivers in New York City have had four rate increases since 2020, including two in 2023 alone. In comparison, before last year, taxi drivers in NYC had not gotten a rate increase since 2012.
NYC driver rate increases since 2020:
- 2020: 1.4% increase in per minute and per miles rates
- 2022: 5.34% increase in per minute and per miles rates
- Feb 2023: 6.39% increase in per minute and per mile rates
- Mar 2023: 2.25% increase in per minute and per miles rates
Benefits Available for NYC Drivers
For-Hire Vehicle drivers in New York City have many benefits available to them, including:
- Paid time off
- Accident Disability Insurance (covers accidents while off the job)
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Medical clinic access at no cost (and discounts at Urgent Care)
- Prescription discounts
- Mental health and wellness programs
- Accident support
- Legal assistance
- Free classes on Safety and Health & Wellness, plus drivers can get paid $650 annually
Benefits are provided via The Black Car Fund and the Independent Drivers Guild. Learn more.