We’re teaming up with the Miami Marlins to donate books and back-to-school supplies to children in the Miami-Dade area.
To get these items into the hands (and bags) of as many students as possible, we’ll need donations. Whether it’s a new backpack, notebooks, a childhood favorite book, or just a set of pencils, every donation counts.
As a thank you for your contributions, the Marlins will give you a voucher redeemable for two tickets to an upcoming Marlins home game.**
We’ve put together a few ways for you to donate—get all the details below.
Option 1: Have your donations picked up by an Uber driver-partner
On Friday, August 10, from 11am to 3pm, we can pick up your donations, for free. That means you can help without leaving your neighborhood. Here’s how to participate:
- Open the Uber app between 11am-3pm
- Enter your current location in the ‘where to‘ field
- Slide the vehicle selector at the bottom of the screen to the DONATION DROP option
- Tap the DONATION DROP option, then tap CONFIRM (you won’t be charged for a trip)
- If you’re matched with an Uber driver-partner, meet your driver outside and pass off your donations. (Drivers can’t leave their vehicles unattended—please meet them curbside.)
Option 2: Bring donations to the Marlins game at Marlins Park on 8/11 or 8/12
Sunday’s game: On Sunday, August 12, bring the supplies to the Marlins game, and drop them off at the 5th Base Tent, between 11am-1pm.