We’re proud to partner with Texas Athletics to improve your gameday experience. With pickup and dropoff near the stadium (Uber Zone in Lot 40) and the all-new Longhorn City Limits and Bevo Blvd., this will be a Longhorns Football season to remember. Check out the pro tips below to make the most of riding and driving with Uber during Longhorns Football season.
Getting to and from Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
Enjoy a dedicated Uber Zone in Lot 40 for pickup and dropoff near Texas Memorial Stadium on the corner of Dean Keeton and Red River.
- When you’re ready for gameday, enter “Texas Memorial Stadium” or “DKR Stadium” as your destination. This will update your dropoff point to the Uber Zone in Lot 40, which is the best way to get to and from the stadium on Longhorns gameday.
- After the game, return to the Uber Zone in Lot 40 (Dean Keeton & Red River) to request a ride. You will still use your app to request a ride as normal.
- Please note that there will be a $2 event surcharge for all Uber trips leaving from the Uber Zone in Lot 40. This surcharge is retained and used by Uber to help ensure a reliable pick up experience at the game.
Rider pro tips:
- Share your location with your driver. Riders can show their exact location to their drivers by turning on Live Location Sharing. Location sharing is only during the pickup experience.
- Share your trip with loved ones. You can now share your whereabouts and trip status with friends and family, all right from the app.
- In-app chat directly through the Uber app to contact your driver for the perfect pickup.
- Spotlight. When you’re in crowded areas or it’s nighttime, it can be hard for you and your driver to find one another. With Spotlight, you can light up your phone with a special color specific to your driver.
- Get in the right car (and other safety tips). Before you get in the car, check that license plate, driver photo, and driver name all match what’s listed in the app. Rides can only be requested through the app, so never get in a car with a driver who claims to be with Uber and offers a ride.
Things to watch for on gameday
- Longhorn Moments
Clear Bag Policy Reminder
Longhorn City Limits presented by ATX Web Designs
Bevo Blvd. presented by H-E-B and Smokey’s Midway
Driving with Uber on Longhorns Football game days
We’re partnering with Longhorns Athletics to improve your gameday driving experience. Through our partnership, we hope to connect you with more riders and take out the stress by coordinating a pickup and dropoff zone to meet your rider.
Pickup and dropoff Uber Zone in Lot 40
Located on the corner of Dean Keeton and Red River, Lot 40 will be the best location to get in and out of the gameday area quickly.
- Riders will be directed through their app to meet you here and traffic officials will be onsite to help traffic flow.
- After the game, please turn left onto Red River when exiting Lot 40.
- For direct access to I-35 North/South, continue north on Red River to 32nd Street, rather than turning directly onto Dean Keeton.
Please be respectful to all on-the-ground officials and follow directions from law enforcement, as instructions and map may be subject to change.
Thanks for riding and driving with Uber, we’re proud to support the Texas Longhorns. Hook ’em, Horns!