We’re happy to partner with ACL Music Festival and connect you to the music. Check out the pro tips below to make the most of riding with Uber during ACL Music Festival.
Uber Rewards at ACL Music Festival
Enroll now for free to get access to the Uber Rewards Lounge near the VRBO stage and start earning on your ride home. The Lounge features special treats, surprise ticket upgrades, and a VIP artist meet and greet during weekend two. The air-conditioned space will also feature a bar and a daily cold brew happy hour with free samples for an afternoon pick me up.
Uber Rewards is free to join and you earn points on meals and miles. Terms apply. More info uber.com/rewards
Transportation to and from ACL Music Festival
When you’re ready to go to the festival: type “Austin City Limits Music Festival” or “Zilker Park” into your app as your destination—this will update your destination to the nearest drop-off point around the festival.
After the festival: walk away from from Zilker Park to get outside of the restricted area to make it easier to connect with your driver. Once you are outside of the restricted area, you will be able to request a ride as normal.
Head to these areas for a smooth pickup:
- East: Lee Barton Drive (one block past South Lamar Blvd)
- North: Veterans Drive (across the River)
- West: Wallingwood Drive (near Mo Pac Expressway)
Pro tips for ACL Music Festival
- Share your location with your driver. Riders can show their exact location to their drivers by turning on Live Location Sharing. Location sharing is only during the pickup experience.
- Share your trip with loved ones. You can now share your whereabouts and trip status with friends and family, all right from the app.
- Chat in-app. Contact your driver directly through the Uber app for the perfect pickup.
- Use Spotlight. Sometimes when you’re in a crowded area or it’s nighttime, it may be more difficult for your driver to find you. With Spotlight, you can light up your phone with a special color specific to your driver.
- Get in the right car (and other safety tips). Before you get in the car, check that the license plate, driver photo, and driver name all match what’s listed in the app. Rides can only be requested through the app, so never get in a car with a driver who claims to be with Uber and offers you a ride without checking first.