Popular ride locations
Find out where riders are requesting trips, so you can maximise your earnings.
Where can I drive?
The Uber app works 24/7 throughout the Newcastle service area. This means that you can drive anywhere in the service area, shown at left, and still be able to accept trip requests.
- Dining and nightlife: Newcastle CBD, Civic, Darby Street, East End, Hamilton
- Events: McDonald Jones Stadium (Broadmeadow)
- University of Newcastle: popular nights include Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
- Gosford and Central Coast: weekday morning and evening commute hours
- Growing fast: weekend days in the Hunter Valley
As a driver-partner with NSW accreditation, you can drive anywhere in NSW where Uber operates. This includes Sydney, Newcastle, Byron Bay, and Wollongong...and growing!
Trips are happening around the clock and across the week, but there are certain times that are typically much busier than others. Driver-partners can increase their fares by driving during busier times, such as weekday peak hours and on weekends.
- Weekday evenings 5pm - 8pm
- Friday & Saturday til Late
When uni is in session, typically Wednesday nights are busy quite late as well.
It's helpful to be familiar with nearby airports, as some of your trips may take you to the area.
Get the latest news in Newcastle
We want every trip with Uber to be easy as. That’s why we’re here to help you whenever you need it. You can contact our online support team 24/7.
Refer other drivers, earn incentives
You can invite friends and family from across the country to join the Uber driver-partner community. Use your unique promo code when referring new driver-partners to receive incentives (after they complete a certain number of trips).