To allow for more distance between riders and drivers, passengers are no longer allowed to sit in the front seat when riding with Uber. This means that every ride requested with Uber will have one less passenger seat available.
How to use UberPool
1. Request and wait for your pickup spot
Enter your destination and request UberPool.
2. Walk to your pickup
With UberPool, you may walk a short distance to a pickup spot near you – simply follow the in-app walking directions. This helps keep detours to a minimum and makes pickups faster.
3. Share your ride
UberPool matches you with other riders heading in a similar direction to you.
You save on UberPool because we match you with other riders heading in a similar direction. By sharing the ride, you share the cost.
Do something good for your city
Imagine a world where we all shared – not just the road, but the ride. That’s the idea behind UberPool: using what we already have to achieve sustainable solutions in our growing cities. Be a part of the movement to get more people in fewer cars.
What to expect along the way
- Where is UberPool currently available?
- How long will I need to wait to be matched with other riders?
- How long will it take to pick up other riders?
- Can I bring a friend?
- Is there a limit to how many people will be picked up on my trip?
- Will I always be matched with another rider?
- If I'm picked up first, will I be dropped off first?
- Will there be room for my luggage?
- Why do I need to walk to and from my pickup and drop-off points?
- What if I'm late to my pickup spot?
- How far do I need to walk?
- Can I change the destination or detour?
- How will I know the price of my UberPool journey?
- Will I always pay the upfront price?