Brisbane (BNE) Airport
Uber has designated pick-up zones at Brisbane Airport.
- There are separate Ride-Booking and Pre-Booked Express pickup zones at the domestic and international terminals
- Drop-offs can be completed at the public passenger drop-off area; the Ride-Booking and Pre-Booked Express areas are for pickups only
- Driver-Partners must register their e-tag with Brisbane Airport to access the designated holding areas and pickup areas
- To receive pickup requests at the airport, follow the Uber Driver app to the holding area and wait in the virtual queue; you’ll receive the next available trip request and the app will direct you to your rider’s pickup location
Register for Airport Trips
Before you’ll be eligible to receive trip requests from riders at BNE you’ll need to have completed the registration process:
- You will need to provide your tag number (for Brisbane Airport Access Fees to be charged to)
- You will need to accept the conditions of the Brisbane Airport Corporation Ground Transport Driver Partner Licence
If you do not have a tag, you can order one through Linkt
How pick-up requests work
Uber driver-partners may wait for trip requests at the Ride Booking holding area only. Driver-partners will not receive a trip request outside of this area.
Here's how it works:
- Enter the designated Ride Booking holding area (your Uber Driver app will show you where to go once you’re at the airport)
- Once you accept a request, follow the Uber Driver app navigation to your rider’s pickup location (look out for signage indicating Ride-Booking, Pre-Booked or Express pickup)
- Enter the pickup area through the boom gate. You will need to have registered your tag and have credit available for the gate to open.
- If your rider incorrectly heads to the public pickup area, you can politely ask them to proceed to the designated Uber zone, as Uber pickups are not permitted at the public area
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I lose my place in the FIFO queue if the rider cancels?
No, you will not lose your place in the queue if your rider cancels. However, you may lose your place in the queue for any of the following reasons:
- You do not accept a trip request
- You end or cancel a trip request
- You leave the airport area
- You go offline.
Will I know my position in the FIFO queue?
Yes, you will generally be able to view your position in the FIFO queue when you are waiting at the Airport. This is an approximation to help you decide if you wish to wait in the Airport area or head elsewhere to receive trip requests.
Are there bathroom facilities available?
Yes, there are bathrooms available in the Airpark area. Please be considerate of others and keep the facilities neat and tidy and free of litter.
Will I still get other trips if I am in the Airport queue?
To minimise your waiting time at the airport and to keep Uber as reliable as possible in the surrounding suburbs you may at times receive a request from the surrounding area. These trip requests can be accepted as normal.
What is the best time to wait at the Airport?
This can differ across the week depending on flight arrival times. We recommend checking information made available from Brisbane Airport on flight arrivals to choose when you wish to wait at the Airport and maximise your chance of receiving trip requests.
Do I need funds on my Linkt Tag to enter the pickup zone?
Yes, Brisbane Airport Corporation requires you to have sufficient funds on your tag to enter the pick-up zone. If you have no funds on your tag, the boom gate will not open for you.
To ensure sufficient funds, you can set up auto payments with Linkt here. If you have manually added funds, it can take up to 24 hours for this to be processed and for you to be ready to continue making airport pick-ups.
I have two cars, can I use the same tag?
If you have two cars that you drive on the Uber platform you can use the same tag in both vehicles for Airport pick-ups. If you prefer to have one tag per vehicle that is also fine, as you can have multiple tags connected to your account.
If you share your car with someone else, you cannot share tags. Every driver-partner needs to have their own tag, which is individually registered to conduct Brisbane Airport pick-ups.
What if I don't have a tag?
You will need to have a registered tag to complete pick-ups from BNE. You can obtain a tag from Linkt (we recommend also setting up automatic top-up). Note that you can still complete drop-offs without registering an e-tag.
Is there an airport access fee at Brisbane Airport?
Yes, when you pick up a rider at Brisbane Airport, your e-tag will be charged $3.90. This amount is automatically added to your rider’s fare and subsequently reimbursed to you. The charge amount may increase if you do not exit the pickup area within 10 minutes of entering.
How long can I stay in the pick-up zone?
The maximum time you can stay in the pick-up zone for $3.90 is 10 minutes. If you cannot locate your rider in the pick-up zone we recommend calling them via your Driver App. Note that if you are in the pick-up zone for longer than 10 minutes a higher fee will apply as signed on exit. The rider will only be charged the standard $3.90 fee, so we recommend only staying in the pick-up zone for up to 10 minutes.
Are there bathroom facilities available?
Yes, the Ride Booking holding area offers safe access to bathrooms and other facilities in Brisbane Airport’s ground transport zone. Please be considerate of others and keep the facilities neat and tidy and free of litter.
How does short trip protection work?
Now if you get a short-distance trip* from BNE, we'll hold your spot for 6 hours, so that you can return to the same virtual queue and get another trip quickly. If a trip is eligible for short trip protection, we'll let you know in the app before you accept the trip.
*To be eligible for short trip protection, you must be waiting in an airport queue for at least 15 minutes. Short trip protection is valid for 6 hours at the same virtual queue and remains in place even if you go offline or do other trips before returning to the airport's queue. Airport short trip protection distance radius is subject to change.
What if my rider cancels when I am on my way to pick them up?
If you get a rider cancellation when you’re already on your way to the terminals, you will be eligible to receive another trip request within the next 8 minutes. If you do not receive a trip request during this time you will need to return to the waiting lot.