Skip to main content

Get a license for the transportation business with passenger cars in Austria

With millions of riders all over the world, Uber is a great way to make money — but first you need a license to operate as a fleet partner in Austria.

Responsible office

  • Inform yourself online or in person at the responsible office (MA63 and WKO)

To start a car rental or taxi business, you’ll need the following:

  • 3 years work experience
  • Financial capacity
  • Licensed vehicles
  • Managing director with proven qualifications

To start with Uber, you’ll also need the following:

  • Driving license
  • Additional valid document (passport, ID, residence permit)
  • Trade license
  • ATU number
  • Bank details (company account)
  • License of vehicles

Please bring the original documents to the Greenlight Hub.

  • Get support

    Let’s make every Uber trip hassle-free. Our support pages can help you set up your account, get started with the app, adjust fares, and much more.

    Get help
  • Contact Uber

    Got questions? Get answers. Enjoy personal support at an Uber Greenlight Hub in Vienna and other cities in Austria.

    Contact us
  • Partner Protection

    Partner Protection helps protect you from the cost of accidents or life events, and is provided at no cost to all eligible independent driver partners.

    Learn more

The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.